AESS Student Research Symposium: Feb 24, 2023
Proposal Due January 20, 2023.
The Association for Environmental Studies and Sciences (AESS) invites proposals for a special symposium focused on students and their accomplishment. The primary purpose of this student focused event is to provide a forum for students across the globe to present their original research in brief, 3-4 minute “poster” presentations, to the broader environmental community – that is, beyond their own university – and facilitate networking for future opportunities in research and practice.
Symposia will be held in a virtual format on Friday, February 24th, 2023, ahead of the in-person meeting for AESS annual conference to be held in Portland in July 9-12, 2023.
The virtual format provides unique opportunities to engage a diversity of speakers (and likewise audience) with wide geographic representation.
- Proposed symposium topics should support the Association’s goal to advance communication across boundaries and strengthen research in environmental studies and sciences.
- The deadline to apply is January 20th, 2023, by 5pm ET.
- Please submit proposals no later than 17:00 pm Eastern Time on January 20, 2023.
- Proposal authors must include the name and contact information for a faculty or other mentor who has advised their research and/or will agree to mentor them as they develop their talk.
- Use the link below to review submission guidelines and registration details.
In line with the AESS commitment to diversity, we encourage submissions from students from diverse backgrounds, institutions, career stages, geography, gender, race etc. to present their work and research ideas at this symposium to advance their professional needs and development.
The selection committee will evaluate proposals based on the likelihood of attracting a substantial audience, the significance and timeliness of the topic, and on the topic’s convergence to the evolving environmental science and studies scope of study. All applicants will be notified of the decision by January 31, 2023.
Questions? Feel free to contact Dr. Nirav S. Patel and Dr. Valerie Rountree